Main Points in English
A PROPICIOUS ENVIRONMENT
Paris-Sud School of Medicine benefits from an excellent medical and scientific environment, propicious for clinical, basic and translational research. Our 28 research units are closely interacting with the university, several teaching hospitals, and the main French research institutions.
Main teaching hospitals :
- The 3 Paris-Sud university hospitals of Assistance Publique - Hôpitaux de Paris (the public hospital system of Paris) : Bicêtre, Paul Brousse and Antoine Béclère
- Gustave Roussy – the largest European comprehensive cancer center
- Marie Lannelongue Hospital – a highly recognised cardiothoracic surgical center.
Main partner research institutions :
- National Institute for Health and Medical Research (INSERM)
- National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)
- Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA).
Main thematic research axes :
- Immunology, infectiology, inflammation
- Neurosciences, movement, disability
- Physiology, physiopathology, genetics.
Main transverse research axes :
- Therapeutic innovation
- Medical imaging / Physics applied to medicine
- Population health.
RESEARCH ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
All research units are reviewed every 5 years. We currently have 28 affiliated research units in 10 main locations.
The French Government has created the Investments for the Future Program to massively invest in higher education, vocational training, research, industry, small and medium-sized enterprises and in sectors such as sustainable development, digital technology, biotechnology and nuclear development.
Since 2010, various components of this Investments for the Future Program have contributed to the restructuring and financing of research projects.
Our professors, lecturers and researchers are involved in numerous labeled projects:
- 4 large patient cohorts
- 1 National Infrastructure in Biology and Health
- 2 Laboratories of Excellence
- 1 Hospital-University Institute marked "B"
- 1 Hospital-University Research Center in Cancerology
- 2 Hospital-University Departments
- 5 Hospital-University Research Projects in Health.
In addition to the basic training of physicians and nurses and postgraduate specialty medical trainings, our school offers a large range of continuing education programs and is involved in several programs of Paris-Saclay University leading to MSc and PhD qualifications.
- Public health
- Life sciences and health
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Bioinformatics / Computational biology.
Doctoral schools :